The thing about shadows? They appear most clearly on the brightest days. Those cloudy and overcast days, when everything is one singular tone–the shadows are hints and mirages only. But on days when the sun is shining brightly, then the shadows flow and scatter about your feet and down the hill, pooling and puddling like water in the hollows and crevices. On sparkling days, you can look into the shadows and discern the deep indigo and violet. The shadow becomes a mirror, another layer of reality overlaid upon the everyday.
Today, I will light my candle in the dark places and watch for the way the light shifts the darkness around me, how it helps to define and shape the darkness, how it gives meaning to the shapes of things as their shadows find them, mirror them, define them. Today, I will be the groundhog, searching for the shadow that defines and mirrors me, that offers me a new vision of who I am when I am outside the safe burrow of myself and standing in the sunlight.
May your shadow be a reflection of the Truest You.
1. Sleep. I seem to need more of it these days. And I am sleeping more deeply.
2. Shadows. Mirrors. Reflections.
3. Indigo. I’ve been meditating on indigo. I want to do more research on human perception of blues, indigo in particular. When people began talking about no longer including it in the rainbow line-up, I was really bothered, and was consequently delighted when my 6yo came home from school and told me about Roy G Biv (the I is still in there).
4. Dinner with the dormies last night.
5. Circling the wagons. Joining hands to hold the net. Casting the lines from person to person to form the web.
May we walk in Beauty!