1. Colleagues. I am grateful for colleagues who are truly concerned about the welfare and well-being of the students. Not just their academic performance, but the health of their spirit as well.
2. Glory clouds, sun rays shining down through
3. June is coming. I can taste it.
4. Witnessing a student who is usually quiet and reserved be one of the first to respond to a classmate in meltdown mode, with a gentle word and a hand on the shoulder. And seeing how the calm spread like a wave to the one in need.
5. How the scent of lilac and lily of the valley fills the hollow.
May we walk in Beauty!
Some days I’ll find several things that I want to put on my gratitude list, and I’ll keep bringing them back to me throughout the day, but the moment I sit down to write them, they disappear from my brain. There was one in particular today that I was excited to place on the list, and I can’t seem to pull it out no matter how I dredge the depths. No Matter. There are plenty of things to be grateful for.
1. Sleeping in.
2. The way threads of dreams shimmer through the waking hours and inform the day.
3. Striving. Where would I be without striving? Each next time, I will strive to do better than each last time.
4. Good news. In times when news is often challenging, it is so nice to hear that someone you know is making a name for himself as a musician in New York City, that someone you know has discovered that her brain tumor was benign, that a school district somewhere is expanding its art and music programs, that people are noticing the important things. (I think that’s the one I was trying to dig out of my memory.)
5. Lilacs are blooming.
Namaste. May we walk in beauty.