1. That our school offers a series of safety nets for students: from caring teachers, to an incredible group of Guidance Counselors, to classes that build resilience and self-awareness into the curriculum. I want to be ever more conscious of building those skills into my classes.
2. People who fearlessly speak truth to power.
3. Grateful that this is Friday. If I am this tired, I can only imagine how it is for the people who sing and dance and play instruments for the whole show. It’s absolutely amazing to sit in the pit–the conductor and instrumentalists are actively ON at all moments. I’m agog with admiration for the work of the students and others who have created this show.
4. Supper with the family last night. Jon went home and got Josiah and brought him all the way back to Lancaster so we could at least eat together.
5. Yesterday’s chapel: Songs of the Civil Rights Movement, led by students, supported by our incredible music teacher. (That’s another thing about my colleagues–they’re good at supporting students to become leaders, to take risks, to speak up.)
May we walk in Beauty!