1. Homemade pizza. With onions and fresh basil on top.
2. Inner exploration. I am finishing this semester with my Creative Writers with an autobiographical piece, using lots and lots of writing prompts to explore their identity, to really look at what makes them who they are. I think that self-reflection can help us to develop into more mature and healthy people.
3. Good Ethiopian Coffee to start my morning
4. Waking up, and then waking up, and then waking up. There are always new rooms to awaken within.
5. How the stories that we read and listen to intertwine themselves with our own. Sometimes this process is more intense than others. I can remember the beautiful language and imagery of certain books with pleasure, but it’s when I am working a book–not just reading it–that I really thoroughly absorb it and take it in. It happened to me at a young age with the Narnia books, and much later with the Lord of the Rings. The Odyssey. Perhaps it’s epics and journey stories that do it mostly. We ourselves become part of the meta-myth.
May we walk in Beauty!