1. Those people up the road who tenderly removed the siding on the front of their house and just as tenderly restored the log cabin front.
2. Lisa White’s amazing whoopie pies. Just like the grandmothers used to make, and yet not so. . .
3. The way the light rays out of the barn through the boards into the fog.
4. Breathing. Breathe in suffering. Breathe out compassion. Breathe in gratitude. Breathe out love.
5. The light is coming back. It will return, it will return, it will return. (I am truly grateful for that, though I realize that this last smacks of desperation as much as it expresses gratitude).