1. An orange egg of moon resting on the rim of the bowl of hills above us.
2. Socializing. Big one, this. Someone else watched our children this evening so we could talk to adults.
3. Sharing story. Even when the story hurts. It always helps to tell and hear.
4. End of the first week of school. Ellis says the thing he likes best about school is School. Says he’s developing a Stay Ahead Strategy for keeping up with the class when they write things from the chalkboard because he writes more slowly than most of the others. (“Did your teacher help you develop that strategy?” “No, I came up with it myself” he said. “In fact, just now is the first time I have called it that.”)
5. We’re halfway through the season. The light’s at the end of the tunnel. Don’t get me wrong. I love what we do. But we get so very tired. It the Wednesday of the season. Energy is renewed simply by the awareness that we’ll get a break. Some day.
May we walk in Beauty.