Keeping a youngster on task with homework tonight is taking just about all the psychic energy that I can muster. I was going to try my hand at a prose poem, inspired by the work of Kristy Bowen in the current BloodLotus, but I’ll just give you the link to that and let you be inspired, too. I am especially fond of the one about the birds.
1. The Mystery of a tomato seed,
2. how it contains within its tiny envelope
the blueprint of a jungly tomato plant,
3. how it waits, still in the cool soil,
for its moment,
4. then cracks through its little shell
with root always downward
and sprout reaching up and out,
5. to create its very own fruit and seeds.
May we walk in Beauty!