Layers of Time
Sit in this bubble
of now, and settle yourself
into the moment.
The past will wash over you,
and the future will rush in.
1. Were I on our custodial staff, I would hate it, so I feel a little sheepish saying this, but I love the way the leaves leaves track all over the floor at school on rainy days. It’s like the trees are trying to come inside.
2. Our long-suffering and hard-working custodial staff.
3. One of my Chinese students made sushi for Advisory Group snack yesterday. That was delicious.
4. Problem-solving. Puzzles. Conundrums.
5. Restorative Justice. What if our schools and communities would start offering classes and workshops and trainings in restorative justice, in creatively addressing conflict rather than escalating it? What if all prospective security guards and police officers were required to log 50 hours of restorative justice training (and anti-racism training) before they entered their jobs?
Blessings on your Beautiful Day!