1. (What thing of beauty have you seen?) A Bridge that loops stone arches out over a River.
2. (What heals?) Confrontation can lead to new levels of sympathetic understanding.
3. (What touched your heart?) Yesterday before we wrapped up our mini-course, one boy asked if we could get everyone to gather around another boy who is joining the army and pray for his safety. This is something we can all do, pacifist or not. He proceeded to pray for his friend, and then for all of us, a spontaneous opening of the heart.
4. (What do you anticipate?) This is the day of the big yard sale at the retirement village where my mother-in-law lives. For some reason, it has become an Event for our family, and this year it falls the day after all of us have finished school, so we’re even more excited than usual. It’s in a big barn, so the rain shouldn’t affect our fun.
5. (What makes you marvel?) The way jumping spiders interact and react, as though they’re teeny tiny puppies. The way they seem to notice me as a person, too. Mantises and dragonflies also seem to have this awareness, though i haven’t noticed it in other spiders and insects.
May we walk in Beauty!