In Patricia Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles, the witch Morwen lives in a cottage in the woods with a large sign above the door which reads, “None of this Nonsense, Please!” I wonder if I ought to put one above my classroom door. . .
1. Saturday mornings when the boys play and play together. I am going to make oatmeal for breakfast.
2. A nice weekend with lots of space for getting my work done. Thinking of going to school on Monday with all my papers graded.
3. Characters from story that inspire me to take hold of my best self. For a little while now, I am going to be the No-nonsense witch.
4. The autumn slant of sunlight. How the hollow glows and then sparkles.
5. Titmice–this seems to be their season in the hollow. They’re not simply grey–there’s a subtle blue that shines in their feathers when they fly. And they have that little touch of russet on their flanks.
May we walk in Beauty!