I should be used to it by now: I wrangle ushers for all the shows at my school. I shouldn’t be internally startled that the show opens on Thursday, but somehow it always confuses my days for me. It feels like it should be a Friday. And tonight, I have to train my ushers to do both the usual jobs as well as the intermission and end-of-show jobs because I will be running up to the stage to sing in the pit. I’m excited to be in a show, even if I’m back in the shadows, simply boosting the sound.
1. The incredible talents of the young people in my school. They are pulling off a major production this weekend.
2. The organizers and directors and costumers and musicians and choreographers who coach and assist and counsel the students to create the show.
3. Rest, in the between spaces.
4. Red. I am wearing a red scarf today for energy.
5. This not-so-little kid beside me, doing a puzzle and whistling something classical. I think it’s from Grieg. I don’t think we play enough classical music here, but he seems to have picked up some motifs.
May we walk in Beauty!